Sunday, July 19, 2009

Lucky Mama

Collin picked me a clover today. He said, "Mama, you lucky. Save it forever." He did not say, "Mama, you good at taking pictures of small items on a your dresser."

I'm not sure who is the lucky one lately. I mean, when I don't feel well, he gets to lay in bed with me and watch t.v. To him, this is the mother-lode of gleeful joy. Daddy even brings him popcorn! Hey, the next day, when Mama feels better, she's a little less lucky because she surely needs to wash those sheets, right? But, who's the lucky one during the icky part? I think it's me. Who could resist this? Who?

Sure, it's not all snuggles and "Horton Hears a Who?" It's crappy, boring, lonely and icky feeling to be sure. I hate being stuck in my room when Collin is off having fun with Daddy. But, he misses me and I miss him so this is really a bit of fun for both of us to break up the day. Anyway, I think we are all lucky. I love my kiddo.

I feel way, way better today too, "so lucky, Mama" is right. I think tomorrow will be perfect after taking it easy again today. Hooray! Just in time for Daddy to go back to 150 hours a week at work! I think the ass-kicking that Penelope gave my head even looks better on the forehead bruise too!

1 comment:

Karen Parke said...

So Sorry you have been down with headaches again....and bruise from those migraines...that is really something new. But, that said, I am glad for the new Blog entries....I missed hearing from you and seeing Collins pictures. Feel better today and have fun at the park.