Sunday, May 17, 2009

Why is Mommy so Tired?

For starters, she's made cookies three times this week. THREE times. I suppose for one of these functions, I could've succumbed and bought something; but, my heart was in the right place, no? I've decided, I no longer want to be Betty Crocker; however. But, Collin helped out on the last batch; and as such an amazing helper, he got to reap the reward. Everyone knows what that is: "testing" the chocolate chips before you put them into the batter. Got to make sure they're good, right?

I also had to go bra shopping this weekend. Sure, I rested up in between bra shopping excursions for five years now, so I should've been ready for it; but I wasn't. It was horrible. It was awful. It was one of the worst days, probably ever. The stupid Macy's lady that measured me told me that I should just go to the little girls section. That made me feel like crap. So, I stomped to Victoria's Secret where I felt decidedly more like an adult and spent decidedly more money. Still, Collin was having significantly more fun at home in what Daddy called "Fort Snuggie." This is what I was greeted with when I got home. Those are my Snuggie blankets in the process of being turned into a super-fort. Cute, huh?

So, today I've napped. Apparently, this is a great source of amusement for Daddy; and, a great source of snuggling for Collin. I'm a pillow AND a Mommy! It's nice to know that I'm loved both asleep and awake.

2 comments:

Karen Parke said...

Go to the little girls' department for a bra....what a terrible thing to say to a customer!

Annie Pennington said...

I ADORE the photo of Collin laying on you! How sweet! Sorry about your terrible bra shopping experience! :(