Saturday, May 2, 2009

No Pain, No Gain

No one said that we don't suffer for the sake of health, strength and all around well being. I mean that's why we see people panting on the side of the road or puking at marathons, right? Wait, you mean, it's supposed to be FUN to work out? Oh, wait, I kind of love running to the point of insanity. Well, today was an exception...at least for the first five minutes; that's because the hill at the beginning of our run put us at an elevation that I'm pretty sure was the equivalent of Mt. Everest. I'm not joking. I saw skeletons on the side of the path belonging to people who didn't make it. I stole their oxygen masks and energy bars to make it to the top. It was awful.


Collin was similarly afflicted with the side effects of this workout. Eddie was so tired afterward, that he panted non-stop the whole drive home, despite my giving him my ENTIRE water, (yes, I'm that selfless). The worst part of the pant-parade was that he chose to pant atop the boy. Sad, sad state of affairs for Collin as he seemed not to enjoy it at all. What can I say? It's hell to look that good, my boy, just hell.

No comments: