Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mother's Day Eve

Today is otherwise known as Bryon's Birthday. I'm sure to Bryon that is a big deal. Thirty-one years ago, it was probably a big deal to Granny too, as she was, I'm certain, pretty thrilled to be a mommy for the first time. But, these days, she too should be more excited to be honored on the mommy part of the deal; mostly because she did such an awesome job raising her boy that he doesn't care that I make fun of his birthday being overshadowed by Mother's Day among other things!

It's shaping up to be a pretty good weekend too. I had to spend half the day at the mall today picking up glasses that were supposed to be ready half the day earlier. Grrrr. But, I think they look cute with my new Snuggie blanket, don't you? Bryon broke down and surprised me with an early Mother's day present of the "as seen on t.v." blankie. I love it! What could be better than looking like a Jedi warrior princess in your own home? The thing is frigging HUGE! There is absolutely NO chance of toe peekage out the bottom of it and there is nothing better than sleeves on a blanket. Nothing. I'm not sure what the pockets are for. Snacks? But, it's great. Even better? It came with two; so, there's no need to share my snuggie.


He says it's my present from Collin, so I can't wait to see what he got for me tomorrow. Don't tell him that I recognized the return address on the UPS package. I have a sneaky suspicion I know what it is. It's a good gift! I'm excited! Yep, he done good...which still brings me back to Granny anyway. It's all her, right? Happy early Mother's Day, everyone!

I do have to add this one thing though...who taught my man how to spell? I can't blame (or thank) Granny because she writes us lovely letters that are intelligible. But, I asked Bryon to leave me a note to remind me to call the baby-sitter today. This is what I was left with. I asked him later how he might spell the word, "baby," if I were to ask him and his response was, "babie." So, two different spellings, both clearly wrong-O. Yeah, smart guy. Engineer with a master's degree. Babby? Babie? And is that an "f?" I love you, Bryon. Tomorrow, when I tell everyone what a lovely gift you got me, you'll be redeemed. You're already half-redeemed for letting your wife go around the house in a Snuggie.

1 comment:

Karen Parke said...

I am confused as to what Bryon wrote this note on??? Is that a bottle of wine??