Sunday, January 10, 2010

We Got Some Weird Looks

So, yes we went back for them. Collin was a little geeked about the idea that you could actually BUY fairy wings. I mean, who would've thought, in his mind, that such a thing was possible! So, after he ran around like an untrained monkey in Old Navy that day, I took the opportunity to pretend he had a snowball's chance in hell of actually obtaining those wings in the fist place and saying, in the car on the way home, "Gee, if only you'd been a better listener in that store. Maybe Mommy might've gotten those fairy wings for you."

Alas, for the past few days, someone has been telling everyone who will listen that he's sorry he was a "poor listener at Old Navy." Poor kid. I scarred him for life (scar #7,239) over fairy wings. I don't see anything going wrong here. No permanent damage. Nope, he won't become a serial killer that chooses cross-dressers or anything like that. Anyhoo, we (I) thought it might not be a horrible idea to see if he could earn those wings.

We needed to get him more uniform stuff since the shirts I ordered won't be here in time for his first day of school. So, a trip back to the mall was in order. I know, don't be sad Collin. It's a perfect time for you to show me you can behave at Old Navy!
And, after he was a perfect angel through the entire mall, and I merely mentioned fairy wings, he actually spun in circles and fell down with gleeful giggles. He looked like a dog chasing his tail. Meanwhile, Bryon was saying, "do we really have to do this wing thing?" but, like a good daddy, shut his pie-hole when he saw how happy the idea made his son.

He wore them from the check stand through the entire mall, all the way to the car and through the rest of his day. He was a little sad that he had to take them off to go to bed. So, we now own fairy wings. I'm wondering when this (tiny) obsession will die down? Bryon is considering it a small victory that when offered the choice between pink or white fairy wings, our boy chose white.

I think the pants/wings combo say, "sure, I'm wearing wings, sure they have a cute little rosette in the center, sure they are covered in glitter, but I can kick your ass."

1 comment:

Mom said...

Just a thought...What about using the fairy wing close-up as your new blog headline photo? (Instead of the bathtub one.) It is called "The Laundry Fairy" after all.

And 690?!?! Holy Crap!