Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Early Entry for 2010 Mother of the Year

I had an aperitif. If you give it a fancy name, it doesn't sound like you are boozing it up before dinner. Anyway, there I was, boozing it up while I made dinner, and my son, adorable as he is, found the accouterments of said aperitif in the sink and took it upon himself to do a little playing.
Note that to take the picture of my adorable little child welfare agency evidence maker, I didn't bother to move the giant kitchen knife out of harm's way. No, I mean really, what could happen? Probably nothing, since the fear of Jack (yes, we are that strange that in this house, we say Jack instead of God--we are going straight to hell), has been put in that boy not to touch a knife or ANYTHING on a cutting board because it could be chicken guts.

So, this is my child, playing bartender. Wherever did her learn such a game? Mommy makes ONE rum and Coke for herself and suddenly he's got memories to repress for his therapy sessions later. "It was horrible doc, just horrible. There I was, barely three and I was mixing her drinks...sniff, sob. It's because of her drunkenness that we drove the Nissan and not the BMW or the Maserati that my friends' parents had at preschool (true story...parked between them today)." Anyway, I didn't teach him this, so I'm looking at you Daddy! What are you guys doing when I'm out? Why is that rum bottle back there mostly empty anyway?

Do you believe this face? It's pretty innocent, isn't it? Anyone would believe him. That's my fear.

3 comments:

Karen Parke said...

I know another child....a little girl who like to mix drinks at her play kitchen when she was little...maybe that is where Collin gets it !!

Karen Parke said...

by the way...is that a fish he is mixing the drink with??

Jen R said...

My Mom has decided that commenting on your blog through mine is easier than just creating a google account :-)

Please put this on the Laundry Fairy comments, I couldn't do it without a google account.

Aperitif, I like that! Cute story, and cute bartender! Barb (Jen's mom)