Wednesday, January 13, 2010

So, It Begins...

The director of Collin's new school warned me that from Day 1, literally, Collin would begin to display a burgeoning sense of independence because that is part of the Montessori philosophy. Our friend, that has two children going through there said the same thing, that I would be shocked at how fast it would happen. Well, I was not to be disappointed. Our little man, who is pretty insistent that pants don't go on unless someone puts them on for him, decided to take this task upon himself from now on.


It's okay by me if they look like this. We didn't have anywhere to go. It's mighty hard to tell but, yes they are on backwards. We had a teeny-weeny discussion about the fly placket and pockets. I'm not sure how deep that discussion sank in.

We'll see. They look comfy though, don't they?


We also had deep discussions yesterday about birds, nests, oceans, fish and why we don't ride certain animals. These are all things I'm certain he did in school yesterday. I'm impressed already. Hooray! He talked all day about school. He never talked about his other school, no matter how much I prodded...until yesterday, when he said, "Mommy, when will Miss Eleanor come to my new school? Will she be there tomorrow? I miss her." Poor baby.


Meanwhile, I'm "adjusting" to being without my baby both in the extra hours in the afternoon and the additional day. It's pretty rough. I rattled around the house yesterday afternoon and ended up waiting in the parking lot for him because I showed up fifteen minutes early, too excited to see him. I'll try not to do that today! I swear. I can't believe how much I miss him. I suppose it will be better when school starts for me too. I know this is good for him but it's rough on his Mommy!


Oh, and he peed standing up for the first time! In over a year of peeing in the potty, we haven't been able to convince him that it's a cool thing to do (to be fair, we haven't tried much because it poses a yick hazard). But, they got him to do it in one try! He refused to even consider it at the other school too! So, way to go, Collin!!

2 comments:

I'm Erin. said...

Check this out:
http://www.pottytrainingconcepts.com/Potty-Training-Urinal1.html

Maybe less mess?

Karen Parke said...

First day is behind you.....moving on to better and better days for both Collin and Mom. You both are doing great!