Saturday, January 16, 2010

One Cute Thing and then Making Fun of Everyone

In Collin's first week of school, he's gone from the kid who has easily absorbed himself in any task that interests him for eons, to....

Being more interested in said task for longer, and in uniform. Don't be too impressed though, it's an etch-a-sketch and he didn't draw a city or anything.

No really. He is concentrating better and I'm pretty impressed with some quick changes already. I'm in love with this school. I'm not in love with the adjustment period for my little man. He misses his old school and it breaks my heart to try to keep explaining to him why he can't go there anymore. Poor baby.

And onto making fun of everyone. Because it's my blog and I get control over what goes on it. Who could resist this picture. Daddy looks ridiculous, right? For once, Collin was super thrilled to see Daddy come home from work. You'd think he would normally be thrilled to see him, instead he treats him like a leper. It's a phase. Anyway, this day was great and Collin climbed on his lap and feed him grapes a-la-Caligula. Because of the momentous occasion of non-Daddy-hating, we had to document it. Because of the absurdity of this particular shutter-capture, I had to put it up.

Collin has become a pro at the nebulizer. He's become so much of a pro at it, that he's beginning to demand doing it in various locations, like the kitchen table, the bedroom, wherever Mommy is, really. He doesn't even really need entertainment, just to sit there and chat. I just thought he looked really silly sitting there chatting with me with smoke coming out of his mask and making goofball faces at me. Thankfully, with luck, we should only have to do about another week of this. Three times a day is A LOT! He seems fine.

And this, this is the reaction that Collin gives to Daddy when Daddy puts sausage on his plate at dinner. Let me explain: Mommy has slowly "encouraged" a primarily vegetarian diet on her household. Let's just say she suggested that she would prefer less meat in her diet and said hey, you folks do what you would like. Daddy, being the ever-supportive dude that he is, has reluctantly been helping to add more and more veggie-friendly meals to the menu but, in parenthesis writing (extra sausage on the side for Bryon). The picture cracks me up. I just wish I'd gotten a picture of him eating his tofu after I told him it would give him Luke Skywalker's powers. Shoot me; it worked. It did not work for the tomatoes and alfalfa sprouts he stacked neatly next to his plate.

1 comment:

Karen Parke said...

You have such a special little guy