Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Is Coming out of "the box" the Same Thing?

Just asking because shortly after this play experience...
This is what the kid insisted on picking out as "his" exclusive umbrella.

It was a long conversation in Target that went much like this on my end:

"Are you sure you don't want this one?" indicating EVERY other umbrella on the rack.

And much like this on his end:
"No. That one." indicating only the one he selected.

I'm thinking this will go down in my brain as the moment that I knew conclusively. Or not. I'm just logging it, just in case. Can you tell how much he likes having his picture taken in the rain?

Oh, and his reasoning for the selection of the Liberace umbrella? "It's the pinkest." That's his explanation anyway. I thought maybe the cool leopard, the wild animal. No. Pink. Absorb that for a minute. Pink. If my boy wants to be a ballet dancing hair dresser, I'm cool with it; I just find it a little adorable at the moment.

2 comments:

Karen Parke said...

This little guy knows what he wants and that is that....he likes the pretty colors!

I'm Erin. said...

It's a fab umbrella Collin.