Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A Picture with Words

...because there's no dainty, delicate way to whip out the Blackberry camera sometimes.

So, this past weekened I actually broke down and knocked on the neighbor's door at 9:40 p.m. and delicately asked if they could bring their beasts inside because their ruckus was keeping my angel awake. I phrased it just like that, don't you know. Of course I did not. But, being in my pajamas afterall, because it was nearly 10 pm, I think, had the effect of saying, "duh, it's late, why are your animals STILL on the freaking trampoline!?"

I was greeted with an agreement to pull them in but with the certain but gentle slamming of the door in my face with the assurance that it "wasn't all that late."

Afterward, I felt terrible for going over there in the first place. So, I made Bryon put a thank you note in their door explaining how sick Collin had been lately and that I appreciated her grace in the situation, etc. I really poured it on. So, seeing her in Target two days later, was really something else.

The best part was the pale blue, polyester leisure suit that she was wearing, complete with the knee length vest. It was awesome, truly something to behold. The one button that stretched the vest closed across her tummy was super. I kept trying to come up with reasons to take her picture because it really was such a fantastic outfit that it was like a costume. I couldn't believe it. Even the dangly silver chains and rhinestone earrings that went to her shoulders were part and parcel of the ensemble. Meanwhile, she was apologizing left and right for her children being so loud and how after she'd received my note, she realized how late it had been and that she was so taken with my kindness, etc. All of this made me feel better but not so much better that the inside of my head wasn't ringing out in giggles. Oh, I'm awful.

I see this woman every day in regular clothes: jeans, sweatshirts, etc. True, she is victim to the occasional bedazzled pair of sweatpants, but this was outrageous. It was like she purposely wore this mockery of clothing so that I would have trouble keeping a straight face while she apologized. She was actually lurking at the entrance of Target to attack apologize too in that crazy thing. She looked like a pale blue disco angel.

So now, I think we need to befriend these people and invite them to something where she feels the need to "dress up" so we can see the outfit again. It's just to much for words. Or, if that's her casual, running to Target clothes, hmmm, I wonder what her goin' out clothes are?

In truth, nice lady, just bad, really, really, apallingly bad outfit.

P.S. no one look at me right now. Turn OFF the webcam. I'm wearing my pajamas at 2:19 pm and they don't match. No one ever said that the pedastal from which I speak was very high.

2 comments:

Karen Parke said...

OK...that was a good story. The neighbor really must not have been aware that they were disturbing you. She did seem sorry...wish I had a picture of the outfit.

Jen R said...

I want to be invited to your party to see the outfit and meet this wonderful neighbor!!! For how often we are over in that area, I am still not sure that I have ever seen her!

I am glad that she at least did see the light or night :-)