Monday, September 1, 2008

My Substitute Fairy..and not in "that" way!

If anyone has ever had a migraine, they know it feels about equal to someone driving a semi-truck through your brain, only to pick it up, load it in the back to take it to a meat packing plant where it is pulverized, chopped and then somehow way-layed on the way to the store and devoured by a pack of hungry wolves. In short, it hurts. A lot. A lot, a lot.
I couldn't muster the strength to brush my teeth until 3pm. That's when I discovered, yet again that I certainly do have the best husband on the planet. New, more frozen ice packs found their way to my head as the one atop it thawed and started dripping running water into my mouth. Too tired and in too much pain to bother to care, I just laid in puddles. And, someone kept changing the DVDs for me when they ran out too.

Aside from this, sheets got changed and towels got folded. It goes without saying that dinner was made without my assistance...or maybe it doesn't go without saying, or without appreciation. That's right, the laundry fairy's husband is that great. I am a lucky, lucky gal. Maybe, having a headache that I sometimes wish would just kill me, rather than go on another second, isn't so bad after all. It reminds me that I've got a pretty great guy.
Sometimes, we just need to step back for a second, I think, and remember that not all of our husbands are big fat idiots and jerks like we see on prime time TV on sitcoms. I watch a rerun of something like Everybody Loves Raymond and I cringe. What a butthead, really!

And, Mr. Collin in all this? He has found that playing peek-a-boo with my toes under the blanket is immensely amusing. Since that's all I felt like wiggling all day, I think that's pretty good.

No comments: