Friday, April 16, 2010

Things that Make You Go Hmmmm.....

I thought the "wearing Mommy's clothes" thing was a one time thing. I'm hoping it will not become a habit. But, this morning when he got up and saw me wearing my ratty brown sweater that I live in, he insisted that I wrap him up in it and carry him downstairs, kangaroo pouch style, the way I used to when he was a baby. Since he is no longer the size of a watermelon, this is not possible and insisted that I find an alternate sweater of mine to wear as well. This is what we came up with.


Why, might you ask, is my child sitting on the kitchen counter? Or, maybe you aren't. Maybe you don't judge. That's nice of you. Some people aren't that nice. Well, earlier this week, we had a meltdown where we finally decided that the nebulizer was no longer our friend (and can you blame the kid for not wanting to sit still for a total of what amounts to 60 minutes a day, holding a mask to his face?) and we began throwing it around and whipping the hose at Mommy and pelting the cat with it or anyone within its two foot radius. It was fun for all. Everyone is happier up here. See? It's nice to have him at arm level so I can schwack him better. Hee hee. Kidding. But no, really that darn hose comes off all the time and it's a pain to bend down and reconnect it.

Well, bye-bye nebulizer anyway (at least for a little while) thanks to quicker inhalers. Phew. But, not bye-bye counter, as he enjoyed the counter top so much, that I couldn't get him to break that part of the routine as of yet. We'll work on that. Little boy in pink sweater, atop my kitchen counter, hmmm, something not right about that.

You know those commercials, for those sugary breakfast cereals where they always say, "Part of this balanced breakfast," and then they show you a teeny-weeny bowl of said breakfast cereal with eggs, fruit, some meat and then some dairy product just to make up for the fact that you are essentially eating candy? Well, my child had part of a balanced breakfast this morning.

He'd never had a Peep before, so he's pondering whether or not he should try it. This, by the way, is something I adore about children. You tell them, insist to them, that they will like it, that it is CANDY, and they spend ten minutes examining it like it could potentially explode, as if the sugar granules on it might, for the love of God, be granules of crystallized parsley (Collin's Nemesis). He actually tried picking OFF the brown dyed sugar granule that is the eye.

Yes, I recognize that both shots are almost identical, but I couldn't stop laughing at how cute he was making that pondering face and I also couldn't pick which one was more adorable. Maybe it's the sweater? J. Crew does make cute clothes, don't they?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

First of all....I think the pink sweater goes with Collin's eyes. Next..did Collin love peeps as much as you do??