Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Mother of the Year Submittal

Just getting this in for the board:

I forgot my child today. Seriously. I totally spaced. I was working on my paper, la-tee-da. I thought nothing of the fact that I forgot to eat lunch. Think of it as a diet plan for those who are having trouble keeping 105 pounds on (go ahead and come kick my ass, I don't lock my doors).

Still, all of the sudden, it was 2:45 and the only reason I got up was because I'd also forgotten to pee. All day. Not kidding. All day. Started working at 10 am. Bladder painfully full at 2:45 after a Coke and a liter of water. It wasn't taking any prisoners on the way to the bathroom when I realized the time and said the following:

"F*@#&#, I forgot my son! I'm a terrible F#*%#ng mother!" Then, I briefly considered skipping the trip to the bathroom and just getting in the car to save three minutes. My body had other plans.

Alas, only ten minutes late to preschool. In my eyes that's five minutes early for avoiding a late pickup fee. So, phew.

The best part? I was informed that an hour ago, approximately time that my almost orphaned child would've gotten up from his sweaty-be-blanket-headed nap, he had a fever of, wait for it, wait, wait, wait: 98,4. Yes folks, 98.4. Should I take him to the hospital? Or, am I being a terrible mother by not worrying? I've already displayed my negligence today, so maybe I'm not taking this seriously enough?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Stop kicking yourself.....there is no mother out there who hasn't had something similiar happen...Collin was just fine...except for that blazing FEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!