Friday, April 9, 2010

It Wasn't Worth the Fight

Conversation after Mommy got out of the shower this morning, as Collin dangled this shirt from his hand:
Collin: Mommy, you should wear this shirt. I found it in your drawer.
Mommy: No. And what were you doing in my drawers?
Collin: Pleeeease! Wear it! It has a heart on it!
Mommy: What were you doing in my drawers?
Collin: (commences adorable face sequence, sensing he is in trouble) Pleease wear it! It has a heart on it! It would be a good idea because you have a big heart too!
Mommy: (commencing squishy heart-melt followed by remembering her guns) Maybe some other time. What were you doing in my drawers?
Collin: Wait! Wait! Wait! (begins stripping naked) I have a different idea?
Mommy: What's that?
Collin: I should wear it. It will tell everyone I have a big heart and that I love you.
Mommy: (aw, forget the damn drawers. Note: remove that "stuff") You are too sweet (thinking twice) But this is the LAST time you go in my drawers! And the LAST time you are allowed to wear Mommy's clothes (not wanting to repeat this...imagining bad scenarios requiring years of therapy).

Alas, even in XS, a tee shirt for a woman is often a bit large on a toddler, even a toddler up to 4 and 5T in most of his tee shirts. Mommy thought this solution was a bit ingenious. But take a look at those meat hooks clutching at that thing. Jeesh man! His hands are almost as big as mine these days!

Either way, he was happy. But, like most white shirts, it didn't make it past lunch before it hit the laundry basket slathered with stain remover. He's a boy, what can I say? I also called Kari to warn her not to laugh aloud when we met them at the park, for fear of his first public ridicule. I mean, it's not every day you see a boy in a sparkly heart t-shirt held together with an office supply. I felt it was my duty to give her advance notice.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Today's t-shirt story was so cute....Collin has a big heart