Sunday, April 25, 2010

News of the Last Two Days and More Forthcoming

Since we are deliriously busy lately, I'll condense. No pictures today but I promise you will be surprisingly happy with the pictures you get later. You'll see :) I hope? Now, I'm nervous.

1. Yesterday, two Hispanic men came to my house and I got excited and it made me late.
(The Ethan Allen delivery men came and brought my my china cabinet! They were late, thus I was late for my next appointed engagement as I refused to leave the house until I saw it come through the door, despite my husband being home to welcome it. Yes, I said, "welcome" it.)

2. I spent part of my morning yesterday picking over a dead stranger's things and then giving another stranger $50 for said stranger's awesome antique bookcase that we don't need but that I coveted. (When I see estate sale signs on the ritzy neighborhoods around here, I can't help but go in and I'm starting to not feel creeped out by them anymore. People die. When rich people die, they have good stuff. In my dreams, it's Spode and Waterford. It doesn't make me a bad person, it makes me a bargain hunter. It's like a garage sale in Tim Burton's universe. I like Tim Burton and I like garage sales. What's the problem?)

3. I spent a bit of my afternoon playing with my gorgeous new friend who prefers to be called T-Bone and who spent much of our time trying to eat a fence. (I had my first horseback "riding" lesson which was all a ground lesson because I've never been on a horse before. But, learning to groom, saddle and bridle a horse was more fun that I've had in as long as I can remember and I can't wait to go back and ride. By the way, has anyone ever realized just how HUGE a horse is until you've actually had to do that stuff? Seriously! They are not messing around. That thing could kill you. Oh, and add that to the list of stuff, I "do.")

4. I did the "all nighter" with panache last night trying to study. Bryon found me with my face in my book snoring by 11 pm. Apparently, there is a reason that college kids are kids. Every time I feel like I could keep up with the kids in my classes, I'm reminded in a big way that I'm an old foggie. Little Miss, "I graduated High School in 20008 could kick my ass." 2008!

5. I am the only member of my family awake because of said all nighter. Back to the books! We have a picture appointment with the photographer that took our beach pictures last week to review and purchase. We get a free 8x10. Supposedly, we should walk away with just that. Right. This is the kind of gorgeous pictures he takes. These aren't strangers. These are the Roaches and they have photo model children. If our pictures look half as good as theirs, we are in trouble. I'm considering calling MasterCard and telling them we have a spending liming of twelve dollars.

No comments: