Sunday, April 4, 2010

On the Hunt!

Contrary to photographic evidence indicating that Collin had a miserable time, see exhibit A:


Exhibit B:



He enjoyed his Easter Egg hunt at school. Mommy enjoyed the snuggliness that came with it.


Whenever I accompany him to an event at school, he gets all, "this is my Mommy! I claim her as my own and no on shall come within two inches of her!! I will kiss her and hug her to make sure you all know she is MIIIIINE!" I don't mind. Kisses and hugs are a much more preferable way for him to mark his territory than peeing on me.

He's been playing with his egg bag all weekend. They don't allow candy at his school, so all the eggs were filled with trinkets of various crap-tacular toys and novelties of the variety that only kids would enjoy breaking immediately and refusing to throw away. Ahhh, the joy of being three. Speaking of three, it amazes me how much control those teachers have over those kids! They were instructed to only find three eggs! Just three! They were all over that yard and each kid found three and then stopped. Amazing. They had to leave the rest for the next class.

Maybe that's why it was impossible to find my child with a smile. He always looks so bewildered when we are there. I think he spends all of his time worried that any second, we are going to walk away. I think he doesn't trust that we aren't going to leave at any second, no matter how many times we tell him we are staying the whole time. He spends his whole party eyeballing us. Then, he gets in the car and rambles about how fun his Easter egg hunt was. Maybe he's still traumatized from that one time I left him alone at the bus depot for a few weeks. It wasn't like he wasn't safe. He was plenty cozy in that locker! He had blankets and food. Jeesh.


Anyway, I'm not sure, based on his attitude, what to believe from this kid. He's an oddball.

No comments: