Friday, April 23, 2010

I Reserve the Right...

To complain about the following, even though I got myself into it:

-13 page, cited, researched and written by anal-retentive, over-achieving grad student, term paper is due in two weeks. Have I mentioned that I haven't started it yet and failed to consider that I would be moving at the same time as trying to complete this? Why, oh why didn't I think of that possibility? Oh, I know! Because no one thinks of a stupid thing like that.

-optometry, orthopedic surgery, pulmonolgoy, speech therapy, dermatology and dentist appointments to reschedule because we just don't have the time to get to them. Wait, scratch that. We CAN get to the pulmonolgist because darn it, we need that one and the waiting list was already eight weeks.

-"leisure activities" that are going undone: like horseback riding, book club meetings where I have nothing to say because I've only read half the book for once (shoot me for being in two book clubs when I'm trying to do a master's), and a spouse's club president who is mean to me
because I don't do a super job at my post (oh wait, that's because I don't care about it. Hear that mean lady? The spouse's club is NOT my first priority!)

-the base garage sale pile o'crap that I've accumulated and I've got all ready to sell next month but I'm already stressed out about because the people that show up to this event are vultures and try to talk you down no matter how cheaply you price stuff. "No lady, I will NOT sell you a play structure for $1! And no, I will not throw in our kitchen table for an extra 50 cents!"

-painting our entire house in two days. There, I've said it. Phew. I'm pretending that it will be a piece of cake and that my arms won't fall off from exhaustion and that my kid won't spill an entire can of paint or that the tape job I do at 3 am won't be horrible and leaky but all of those things will happen and somewhere at about day 1 and a half, I will break down in tears and a migraine from hell will happen and I will either be in the hospital asking for morphine and shaking (which sounds like a joke but isn't...it happens) or I will be seeing spots that I'm not sure if I painted or are part of my headache or I will wrap Collin up in the drop cloth and put him in the trunk.

-loading a house full of furniture on our own. I'm spoiled by Air Force movers. Despite their amazing ability to break stuff, pack your actual garbage and use an entire box to pack a paperclip, I will miss them next week.

-I fear that whatever neighbors we have on our new street will be worse than the old ones and I reserve the right to hate them in the future. I am just going to go ahead and state that for the record. Got that record?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think the pressures are getting to you. Everything will get done, you will do great on your paper, you will get the painting down with the help of great friends, and you will move into a new house.......I only hope the headaches stay away