Monday, December 21, 2009

The Season of Presents Begins

Granny and Grandaddy got first dibs on the present exchange. They stopped in for a quick visit on their way to Mississippi (man, I always spell that word wrong...maybe it's an aversion to all states sucky). So, they got the first Christmas celebration. At Collin's decision, he decided Grandaddy got the first gift to open. I'm pretty sure he didn't know what it would mean when I said, "who should go first?"
Alas, I think he looks pretty patient, don't you? Eager might be the right word. Unfoturnately, I think that stemless wine glasses might be an imappropriate gift for a two-year old. Well, unless he's French. Still, those eyes say, "gimme, gimme, gimme." But, in a cute way.
His turn. Did you know that for Bryon, I ordered him a bucket of flies. Really, he's been practicing catching them, so I thought that he'd appreciate them. Tee hee. I kill me.
I asked Collin to show me what he got. I got what I asked for, a stunning picture of Collin showing me what he got. Ahhh, the literal mind of a toddler. You get the glare of my flash off a shiny book cover because I'm not a skilled photographer and know nothing of lighting and angles and the like. What a winning combo that: lack of skill and a toddler. It's a wonder that we have any pictures at all.
And, to cap Granny and Grandaddy's visit and to ensure that they will look forward to their return a few days from now, yes a few days from now (am I not the greatest daughter-in-law ever because get this, they are coming back on the 29th, the same day that the other set of in-laws are leaving...I kid, I love them), Collin beat the crap out of them with this gift.
It's one of those balloons with a rubber band snappy thing that his preschool teacher gave him in his holiday party bag. It was such a hit when I blew it up that the tantrum that followed its removal from living room was monumental. I had to support Daddy's decision to take it away though because once we moved from flicking it around, to throwing it harmlessly, to schwacking actual people, it was time to take a break from the obnoxious thing.


Anyway, looking forward to the continuation of the season of presents and to Gramps and Nana's visit and the return visit of Granny and Grandaddy. And, go see Princess and the Frog. We went to see it today and it was a cutie. Even Collin, when asked tonight what it was about said, "He [the prince] loved her so much, he turned to people again." Awww, he got it! And it was sweet! What a charmer.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like Christmas is going to be a "week long" holiday at the McClain's house. Be sure to take lots of pictures