Saturday, December 26, 2009

No Really...Now, There's Improvement

Yesterday didn't start off looking too promising. See, we started off with protective coating on the couch so the vomiting wouldn't be such a big deal. I thought it was a pretty good idea. And, Collin was pretty comfortable. When he finished watching this movie, he said, "Mommy, I want to go right to bed. Now. I don't want lunch." That is a sick kid. Especially my kid who wants to know what's for lunch as soon as he puts his breakfast dish in the sink.

Homer thought the whole pile o'blankets was a good shelter from the coughing, as well. He was literally right next to Collin, cuddled up against him and no one knew it because he was like a little lump in the pile. So cute, yet so ridiculous. Don't you just love pictures of cats? They always look like they've been caught doing something terribly naughty and they totally don't care; but that it's also something ridiculously human and absolutely not feline. What I mean is, they have certainly not been caught licking their behinds; no, they've been caught licking their cousin's face in the back row of a theater and they don't care about telling auntie about it.
Miracle of miracles though, he only spent about 10% of last night coughing instead of 98%. Anyway, he slept, we slept, the world is at peace and if Allbuterol has a church, I'd go, because man, that stuff seems to be working. Anyway, he woke up this morning and was shocked, shocked, to remember that he got all new toys the day before.
Remember these babies? I do. And now my boy has one too and he loves it. The best part is when he points to the back end and asks, "what's this?" As if I can, in my infinite mommy wisdom see what he's looking at through the other end. When do kids stop being idiots? I kid because I love.

He even recovered enough to get dressed for the first time since Tuesday. Hooray! He and I both wore our new Jack shirts today (not pictured, Mommy's new Jack shirt). And, he recovered enough to give Daddy the stink eye when he tried to take a new story out of his hands just for looksies. Ahhh, sweet memories. Good thing we have a camera to remember all these special moments.


The recovery was also complete enough for Mommy to have a mini-meltdown (that she gracefully kept inside) when she realized her baby was big enough for a big wheel. Holy crap. When do these things happen. Wasn't I JUST pregnant? I mean honestly, I remember feeling nauseous; I remember buying the crib, doing the registry, all that! How can I be asking my husband to put something on the pedals so he can reach for the next couple of weeks because he's just almost, but not quite tall enough? My little peanut is big enough for a big wheel. What the heck happened to time? A freaking big wheel? I feel like I barely outgrew it. I may revolt this particular change by riding this toy around the neighborhood in pigtails and pretending that's okay. On second thought, I may get the kind of attention that's just not cool.

Maybe the chemicals in the fun bathtub dye drops he had in his stocking will stunt his growth. Know what is awesome about these things? They just "look" messy. Totally cool things. He loves them and me too. They turn the whole tub a crazy color and yet he comes out clean. I don't want to know how it happens. Sort of like the Internet: don't need to know how it works; I just like it.

3 comments:

Jen R said...

They do grow up too quick, we just had to buy Paige jeans in size 6x slim, in the big girls sections today and Austin finally has 3T pants!!

I am glad that Collin is feeling better! He looks like he is finally enjoying all his Christmas goodies!

Unknown said...

So happy that Collin is feeling better......NOw he can enjoy his Christmas, just a little bit late. I remember you big wheels. I am glad Collin likes his view finder. Some toys are "classics"

I'm Erin. said...

I'll have to get some of those bath drops...my 2 have been using the bathtub markers and they leave a ring around the tub.
I am also in awe of how the internet works...especially the other day when I was walking around the house, carrying the laptop which was plugged in to nothing, and talking with/seeing my husband in Korea. It's nuts!