Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Results are In!

I don't think we're raising an aspiring Broadway star.
I know you are all dying to know if Collin sang or not in his Christmas program. He did.....NOT. He didn't even jingle his little wrist bells. He did, however stay on the stage the whole time. Hooray for small victories!
Despite having to be lifted up to it. Oh the embarrassment of being the guy with the littlest legs.

I'm pretty sure he was the cutest one there though. I mean look at the kid!
I had a hindered view of him, and so do you, thanks to who I shall call Mrs. My-Kid-Is-More-Important-Than-Yours. She immediately bolted to the aisle the minute the show started and blocked everyone's view, and camera angles and either didn't care or was oblivious to it. Grrr. Maybe she just wanted a better view of Collin. That must've been it. I'd want a better view too if he were my kid...wait a second, he is! And, I did want a better view! It was a pain in the butt to crop her little body out of all my pictures!

At the end, when the "big" kids' class and the "little" kids' class (such relative terms, I know) got together for the grand finale, he finally realized I was in the audience. Can you tell?
He wasn't the only one not interested in performing. He and his buddy, Christian are just interested in hanging.
I think they are talking about the cookies that the teachers have been talking up all morning for after the show.

He also realized there was a "show" going on behind him. It's hard to see, but there's everyone singing their little hearts out, and there's my boy in the front row, on the ground, second from the right, facing the singers, watching.

It was such fun to see this first in his life. He was so cute! And he was so proud of himself for being part of it. I can't wait to hear what he has to say about it when he talks about it over the next few days. They always have such strange summations of things.

Oh, and video probably soon to come. I'm sure it will be thrilling, since we had to strain to hear ANYTHING from these little voices, let alone Collin, who was, as mentioned, more silent than an oh holy night.

1 comment:

Karen Parke said...

This grandma has tears in her eyes because she is so touched with Collin and his first "school" musical. This is a very big day for your family. The pctures are great...absolutely great. THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS. Give Collin a great big kiss from me and tell him I am proud of him. The sweater was perfect !