Thursday, December 3, 2009

Following In Daddy's Footsteps

Bryon leaves the office at five (ish)---can you tell this is a point of contention?--on Monday and Wednesday in order for me to be able to leave on time for class. As a side note, it takes him an hour to get home and it takes me an hour to get to the parking lot and and nearly twenty minutes to walk to my building. Isn't LA traffic grand? So when he leaves at that "ish" window instead of at five, therein lies the point of contention and why I was late last night because I took thirteen extra seconds to pee and because people with fake majors like theater decide to put on things like "plays" and close down the parking lots close to my building and make me have to park in the parking lot literally, and I'm not exaggerating here, a mile away from my class. But, I digress. Stupid theater majors and their dreams. They should study something real like literature. Wait, that's not tangible either? Wait, no one gets a real job in that other than teaching other people literature. Oh. I'll shut up then.

Anyway, on the nights I have class, it's a good thing because it's guaranteed that Daddy and Collin get to see one another for a bit, at least longer than story and tuck-in time. I was greeted halfway through class with an adorable text picture (love Blackberry!) of Collin "working" on the laptop, which Daddy has claimed (you can tell because of the CAC reader attached. For those of you who don't know what that is, it's the little card slot on the back that Bryon can insert his military ID into the back of so he can log into work from home; and CAC is a Common Access Card (but you actually say CAC like you would say "Cock" if you were from Boston--or, if you had a really bad fake Boston accent). I used to have one. I let Bryon keep his. Get it?

Bryon got a little crazy with the camera, a little Mommy-esque if you will, and took a handful of pictures of our little executive-officer-to-be, "working" away. I asked Bryon what he was actually doing on the computer and apparently it was nothing. It was the locked login screen that held him so captivated. Weird kid.

My favorite thing about Collin when he's concentrating is his complete lack of control over his tongue. I'm hoping he loses this trait with age or he's going to look like a total dork when he learns long division. I guess it could be worse; he could break down in snotty, racking sobs like his mother did when he learns that remainders don't just neatly disappear.

Yes, so while all these pictures look virtually identical to you, I see minute differences that make me love my little man all the more, and the big man who took the pictures. Oh, and as a side note, check out my Spode in the background! It's Christmas so it was time to break out the Christmas Tree pattern! It ain't just for eatin' folks. We are real classy folks here. We use it for decoratin' real nice. Thanks Granny! I think the Jack Skellington adds that special touch of je ne sais pas, don't you?

2 comments:

Karen Parke said...

Well....I did notice the Spode christmas dishes in the background and think that the "tongue" hanging out goes with serious computer work. I wonder why daddy didn't put his glasses on Collin....that would make the pictures even more perfect!

Karen Parke said...

By the way....did you notice that Homer is in the corner sitting in a chair watching Collin.