Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas Traditions

There aren't any pictures of Mommy's face because I'm taking the pictures; but, imagine something similar. You see, I've never made a gingerbread house before. I know, weird right? The fascination on Mommy's part had something less to do with the "you mean we can EAT this project" and more to do with the " sanctioned fun mess" bit.

Trust me, this is the most flattering angle of our masterpiece. I admit, there was a handful of eating done.
Look out though, he'll get you if you try to steal any of the gumdrops; they seem to be his favorite. The dehydrated frosting however, it's a little nasty. Apparently, there's an "easier" way to make a gingerbread house, according to Bryon, involving a milk carton, crackers and regular old can frosting. I was unaware of this system, as previously mentioned, I've never made a gingerbread house.
After nap, we moved on to my favorite Christmas tradition: painting ornaments. It's a good thing mommy bought more paint this year because while Collin painted only two ornaments, sixty-seven gallons wasn't enough.
And, as everyone knows, Rudolph is certainly hot pink...in Santa's L.A. Gay Pride Parade.

And, perhaps this is a new tradition? Collin got an "assemble yourself" candy necklace from his preschool teacher for Christmas. I call that lame. He calls it a treat. I put a few pieces on the string and he was fascinated. Not fascinated enough to tolerate it on his own neck.

Weird, right? It's a pretty attractive way to eat.

No comments: