Sunday, December 27, 2009

Further Evidence of...

My family's clearly defined weirdness. There's something wrong with the picture when the boy with a respiratory illness is pushing his distinctly heavier mother on his new bike. No siree, there's nothing wrong with that picture.

There. That's better. There's also nothing wrong with shoes and pajamas. It's only cool when someone's mommy is trying to help him get that extra quarter inch that he needs to reach the pedal on the far part of the rotation. And who says you can't use your fine china for everyday? Is that so weird? I think the Gatorade sets off my new Spode Christmas Tree wine glasses beautifully. And who doesn't want to toast the completion an 8 mile training run in San Pedro--the hilliest damn city in the world (short of San Diego). I toast my husband for being willing to run slow enough to run next to me and I toast the both of us for not being passed by a single power walker. Hooray for us.

This is only proof of my son's burgeoning selfishness, not so much weirdness. Maybe the weirdness is that it took him until almost three and not before to be selfish. We played "Ants in Pants," today and despite a tantrum before in which he was furious that everyone would be allowed to start with an equal number of "ants," and he wouldn't be allowed ALL of them, he acquiesced and allowed the game to proceed. Yet, as the game progressed and ants were flying willy nilly and collected at random, suddenly a certain small one ended up with everyone's ants to re-shoot at a certain set of pants. Weird how that happens. Also weird how a certain set of grown ups in this shot, upon realizing I was taking pictures began aiming ants at a camera-woman.

And as evidence of something else entirely, this is my adorable child being what else, adorable. He needs to be kept relatively "still" for the next few days still, so he's watching a few movies still (something he looooves). And he was alternating laps (something everyone loooves). Can he be more wonderful? I don't think so.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How great to see that Collin and his family is catching up with holiday fun!! His winning smile is back.

I'm Erin. said...

I'm actually not convinced that you weigh more than Collin.