Sunday, May 9, 2010

The Work Almost Ends...

We picked up our keys Wednesday at 8:30. I painted all day by myself. When I say by myself, I mean that Bryon wasn't home. I had the help of amazing friends. Kari and Jen helped all morning and then I worked the rest of the day by myself. The next two days, they were here again all morning/day helping paint. Bryon took two days of leave to help too and we've been painting/packing/moving and pretty much exhausting ourselves to get it all done. His dad came down and has been invaluable. And now, our new house looks like this.I love our new kitchen! I don't have a crummy tile counter top anymore! Hooray! I do, however, have green paint on my ceiling and on my vents because someone (me) is a terrible painter when she paints fast. You try painting an entire house in under three days! But, I can see the ocean from our front bedrooms. I think that they should cut that tree down, don't you? It's in the way of something slightly lovelier. Our bedroom might, just might have some purple paint on the ceiling. I swear, I have no idea how it got there. Talk to Kari. Or, the manufacturers of the paint because I swear it was weird and goopy and did not go on the same way as all the other rooms. Did I just incriminate myself as a participant in painting that room? Despite not being able to see the ocean from the bedroom, I think it's kind of a neat view anyway. It's much better than the view of the gas station/grocery store/biker bar that we had at the other house.

Remember the torture chamber/closet? It's my "office." Neat, huh? It's not done yet though. I ordered myself a cozy little throw blanket that will tie the whole room together and for some reason, it hasn't shown up yet. I'm irritated. Of all things to be irritated about, I know, I should be more rational. But, I'm a nutcase. What can I say!

I can also say that it is a good thing my dog is afraid to be outside alone for longer than it takes to relieve himself because this is our backyard. Facing left....And a turn to the right. I do have a question for Tierra Vista: what DO you people do to grass? I've seen residents, us included, grow, nurture, and enhance yards to the point of lush, green grass and then boom, dirt yards the minute the next resident moves in? Seriously, do you go in with a backhoe and pull out grass the minute one resident moves out just so we are left with this nastiness? It's awful!

Oh yeah, and there's this....

Went to the ER yesterday, as if there wasn't enough going on, right? I have a bad ankle. Running is super good for you. It's also very hard on your body. I have an orthopedist that is helping me take care of my injury and helping me get back to tip top shape. I was listening to him, something I'm not very good at when it means that I have to cut back on running or stop entirely for any length of time. Well, he put some good fear in me the last time I saw him and I was following his orders pretty well and looks like despite his orders, here's a cast and crutches so we'll see the status of the tendon when I can get into see him this week. Thankfully the cast keeps it so still that I can't move it AT ALL and that helps.

Mostly, I just feel guilty that Bryon, on his birthday, is over at the old house right now, finishing up the last of the priming and the tail end of the cleaning by himself because I can't walk. Poor guy. I know it's Mother's Day too, but I feel terrible! We couldn't have gotten this far in everything that had to be done without the help of the Roaches, the Lanes, the Pupiches, the Spears and of course Bryon's Dad ad Mary. Thank you to everyone! We will be throwing a big ol' party pretty soon!!

3 comments:

Karen Parke said...

The new place looks beautiful...I love the colors. And,this is the first picture of your new china cabinet that I have seen. What an absolutely beautiful dinning room. I know your family will be very happy in the new house....no more terrible neighbors......

I'm Erin. said...

Now that you've done all this work, exactly how much longer do you have in California??

Scary Mommy said...

The place looks great!!

P.S. Congrats on your Parents Picks pre-nomination! Go, you!! http://www.parentsconnect.com/parents-picks/best-parenting-blogs