Friday, May 21, 2010

Childen of the---

CORN!!!! What? If you take kids to the farm for a field trip, someone (me) is going to make that joke.

Also, if you have a fast shutter on your camera, and you take a lot (126) pictures of your kid on the tractor ride, you are going to get some cute shots.
You are also going to get shots that look inexplicably, and randomly, like this. I call them "shots I would delete" if they were of me. If they are of my child, I still can't bear to delete them. Am I crazy? Perhaps. Shockingly, this was not post-eating or sampling any of the savory food they gave him to try. He ate EVERYTHING they gave him in entirety, including the full onion! Apparently, if I ever want to get my kid to try something new, I need to hand it to him while on a tractor.

I love Krish looking at him like he's a wack-a-doodle for eating the onion. "Dude, you know you are eating an onion right, man?" Even Wolfie seems to be a little concerned.

Speaking of Wolfie. I love Wolfie. He rocks. The boys are all best buds. He frequently comes up to me to remind me that Collin has perhaps fallen down or may be in danger of falling down (which he rarely is) but he's so darn sweet and he takes good care of the younger kids. I don't generally say anything negative about anyone else's kid unless thy choose to kick my kid's behind but Wolfie, man, you rock rat tail like no little man I've seen since, oh, my hay day. I love you. And thank you for telling Collin no less than forty to six hundred and forty times that green strawberries are in fact, not yummy. He chased him down with the tenacity of a hunting dog to remind him at every row. Collin and Krish refused to both cooperate at the same time for a cute picture simultaneously. Matt, Krish's dad, got a fantastic picture of the two of them on his phone. Darn him. Just another reason to have only one kid. It's easier to get good pictures. Is that a dumb reason?

Collin flawed my logic anyway. Does anyone else think he looks like Calvin in this picture? You know of Calvin and Hobbes? Or, maybe he just looks like maybe he's about to attack the photographer.

Did I mention the whole point of this field trip was strawberry picking? They gave the kids a basket and told them, "eat as many as you want" while you fill up your basket. You can guess what that meant to my boy.

After about ten minutes, I finally just had to take the basket and start filling it myself, otherwise we would've come home with no strawberries at all because Mr. Strawberry-Sticky-Face had neglected to put a single, solitary strawberry in his basket. He did, however, fill his entire belly.

Thankfully, this "incident" didn't ruin the whole shebang. Mommy was still depressed about it though. I was so happy his hair was getting long. Thrilled. Ecstatic, actually. He was looking a little Tom Selleck around the ears though and I thought it was time to clean it up a bit. I thought I could do it with the trimming scissors that came with the clippers and I messed it up so badly that I had no choice but to clipper his whole head to fix the mess I made. I was devastated. It was such an impromptu haircut, he was nervous. Can you tell? I am still frustrated with Bryon for telling me that the clipper size he handed me would still leave his hair long. Does it look long to you? I know how to do it pretty well, so I wish I'd known better!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like Collin has a good friend. They are so cute together. And eating a whole onion....that is very strange.