Saturday, May 29, 2010

Mommy Does NOT Approve

Collin took a turn for the worse yesterday and felt like this. Pay no heed to the woman under the pitiful boy still in her pajamas at 4 pm, with shower-wet hair and a sickly appearance--Mommies aren't entitled to be sick at the same time as their kids, right? At least they aren't allowed to acknowledge it when their throat swells to such epic proportions that they snore so loudly that their ever-loving husband with octopus hands actually threatens to sleep on the couch. Anyway, this pitiful example of a child is the only reason Mommy didn't freak out when Daddy did what he did.

Let's just say that Collin has made it to the ripe old age of three without the knowledge that video games even exist. And my husband, bless his little, sweet heart, doesn't even have a Wii, an X-box or anything fancy. He plugged in the old, original Nintendo. No, folks, not even the Nintendo 64, the original blow-on-the cartridge-Nintendo. We are stone-agers 'round here. And that's my boy doing the "I'm jumping" move that we are all so familiar with, the one that requires the full-on arm swing. What is not pictured, the timer, clearly marking ogre-Mommy saying, "you get 30 minutes!"

See, my boy, perhaps deprived of technology by his Mommy who doesn't let him watch t.v. and, now clearly aware of video games will obviously want well more than 30 minutes. Case in point: he's been watching a heck of a lot of movies during his recovery. This morning, this was his obviously chipper, and much healthier attitude. Apparently, place mat bonnets are all the rage with the preschool set. I'm so behind on fashion. I had no idea that refusing to participate in the gaucho pants trend would put me so far behind the curve, forever.

When told that we would be playing together in the playroom in lieu of watching a movie after breakfast, he promptly did this:

Collin: No Mommy, I'm feeling much worse now. I'm too sick. I have a fever again. I'm sure of it. I need to watch a movie. (By the way, he actually talks like this. I have decided to build a Church of Speech Therapy)

Mommy: Umm. No. Put that down. Let's go play.

Collin: No! I'm sick! My tummy hurts....My head hurts....(struggling with the thermometer case) How do you open this thing?

Mommy: Only Mommies can open them because they know how to tell when little boys are faking.

Collin: Oh. Lets go play....Can we watch a movie after lunch? How about Stuart Little?

Gotta go. The timer is about to ding!



Oh and by the way, apparently, I've been nominated for a blog of the year award. If you feel so inclined, stop by and vote for me! As of writing this, my blog was the second row from the bottom, all the way to the right. I have no idea who nominated me, so out there in blog world, whoever is reading me, gosh 'o golly, thanks a bunch!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I so see a picture of Collin smiling...but now mommie is sick! I wasnt to vote for your blog...will have to figure out how. Hope the doctor visit this morning goes well! Let me know.

Unknown said...

I voted for you and your blog.....