Thursday, May 27, 2010

On the Mend

Yesterday afternoon....

Is he not the cutest snuggle bug you've ever seen. Ever since we got Monkey (I know, great name, right? Super creative. Don't ask me, I only produced the child, not his imagination), he has insisted on sleeping with him ON his face. This means when he's sick and tries to watch T.V. at the same time, he ends up doing it one-eyed, a-la, pirate. I'm sure this will lead to some sort of blindness or brain disorder since he only will lie on one side of the couch. Considering he's normally as healthy as a horse other than this stint, hopefully this one-eyedness (I bet that's not a word), will not pose a problem.

I recently read that all these 3-D movies though, can cause some sort of brain damage or seizures or something like that. Monkey and Collin were sufficiently shocked by the news.
They promptly informed Daddy. He was also sufficiently shocked. No, wait; he didn't care.
In other news: silliness is back. Daddy and Collin spent the better part of "dinner" having a silly face imitation contest. I say, "dinner" because it was a by definition only a meal for some of us. Collin had food placed in front of him that he did not eat. If he did not have a throat that looked like hamburger, I might have given him a hard time instead of a bowl of Jell-O afterward. Since it was pasta with red sauce, I took of his shirt before we ate in hopes of no stains. Stupid, I guess since he didn't eat any of it but I thought ruining three shirts in two days would be a bit much (he bled all over Daddy's and my shirts at the hospital the day before during his epic anesthesia meltdown).
Anyway, the best news of today is that his smiles are back. He still looks a bit pale. He still exhausts remarkably easily. His eye is still a bit swollen and gunky. He still waffles between bursts of energy and overly tired. He has begun fighting every dose of every medication, which sucks because now he's on even more than ever. And, he is still my little boy that breaks my heart every time he whimpers with a little bit of pain and that cracks me up when his Daddy asked him, as a control question today, "how are your adenoids?" and he said, "actually, those feel pretty good."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

there is that smile back......I missed that !!!