Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Emergencies

Our vacuum has been ticking me off of late. We have the Bissell pet hair eraser. It was super awesome. It was also super heavy. It always annoyed me in the "hose coming off the base" department, in that I'd find that I vacuumed the entire living room only to discover that the darn thing wasn't attached and had succeeded only on re-flinging the dirt around the room in a new and interesting pattern. Lately, the heavy, burdensome thing has decided to only work in the recline position, something I'm considering for myself. I've always wanted a Dyson but can never convince Bryon that the astronomical price tag is worth it. The bargain shelf at Target had, not the one I want, but some other one, for, gasp, $107! Hooray! Yes, that original price says $429. I didn't even have to put up a fight or bat my little eyes when I showed it to Bryon. He just put it in the cart. What a man!

I'm considering it a "trial run." If we like it, we can invest in the "big one" that I've always wanted. I'm so in love. How can I not feel that way!? He's so little and cute! And he has a slidey handle! Oh! Oh! Oh! I have vacuumed the house three times since I got it home two days ago. That little ball thing is so amazing! It seriously turns and glides like a figure skater and it weighs less than a hummingbird. What? You think I'm exaggerating? The one we got is obviously designed for an apartment because the reservoir is itty bitty and the cord is super short. But, R2D2 (yes, I named my little wonder) is perfect in my eyes.

Homer fell in love too. I consider this vacuum an emergency, and Bryon will too, in short order, because I'm so enamored, I'm not sure how much longer this vacuum will be able to live as just a trial run and will soon be relegated to the "upstairs" vacuum and we'll be forced to invest in the real deal. Sorry Bryon.

Collin is addressing the other neighborhood emergencies, like pretend fires. Cuteness alert!


For any real fires in the neighborhood, call your local fire department. He's still struggling with pedal operation. And steering.

But, we had an intensive lesson on both this afternoon. Can't you tell how well he's learning by how he's keeping his hand's firmly at 10 and 2? But, he's good at looking dorky, right?

He did pretty well; not as well as he did at looking adorable though. He spent some time practicing his "stud, driving a car" faces. I think he plans to eventually learn to pick up chicks. Perhaps he shouldn't be learning this from his father, who had to be told, repeatedly, that his future wife was, in fact, single and that maybe, he should make a move.

He even learned proper egress procedures. Or not.

Finally, upon returning from our driving lesson for the afternoon, Collin learned that simple coloring book lap time with Daddy can turn from fun to an emergency rescue situation for Mommy. Doesn't he look thrilled with whatever they were doing? In all seriousness, they were having fun and I think his nose itched, but I can't resist making fun of them.

Oh, have I mentioned my new vacuum? It's so cute and small and perfect! It's kind of like this other perfect lil guy. They have become acquainted. (I'm excited, can you tell?)

Even Collin can push the thing and has decided he loves it too. Look out Bryon! I see a major Dyson purchase in our near, near, near future. I have Collin in our camp.

Bryon, by the way, refuses to push it. He claims that he will do so, in good time, and that there's nothing to be excited about, over a vacuum. I think he's afraid of his feelings.

3 comments:

Jen R said...

Bryon will definitely grow to love your new man, and I say this from experience. Neal loves our Dyson so much that he vacuums with it, even though her refused at first also, here is where I should mention that our Dyson is PINK!!!! I am totally impressed with your deal, I paid full price but did get a $100 target gift card at the time of purchase.

Kelly said...

okay, so do they have any more of those $107 dysons?????

Karen Parke said...

OK.....you are really over the top with the new Dyson....actually took a picture of the box, price tag......Rachel...did you ever imagine that you would so much to say about a Vacuum???????