Thursday, March 18, 2010

Random Love Bursts

Collin wakes up pissed off in the morning. Why? I'm not sure. I wake up pissed off in the morning too. It takes me a good ten minutes to get my self in a groovy mood. It takes Collin about twenty minutes and between the two of us, there's a lot of whining and a lot of the following phrase: stop whining or....(fill in the blank with threat that you don't want to read if you love Collin). It's probably one of the many, many, MANY ways my son has decided to take after me. On the other hand, when he wakes up from nap, he's a pocket full of sunshine. See?

Next random bit of love for my boy: haircut. Ever since his first "experience," he's been begging for another one. It broke my heart to do it, but whenever it seems reasonable, I can't help but indulge my kid (see adorable face above). What resulted was a reasonably acceptable haircut--until I was cleaning up his neck and he thought: "Hey! I better suddenly jolt my head around 180 degrees and look outside at NOTHING!" Yep, I bumped his little neck about ninety inches too high with the clippers and so, I had to even it out, and now, he looks like this. Awful.
At least the damage that I do to him is in the back and no one notices it immediately. Look what Daddy did to his face last weekend. This is days, days, DAYS old! Serious scabs. He looks awful. Of course, this is his first pretty good scab so he's constantly picking it and it's constantly bleeding and pussing all over it. It's gross. And, he looks abused. It's pretty great. I love him desperately and want to punch Daddy for allowing him to be fall on his face so hard.

In another bit 'o love, my boy has taken to pouring his heart out to me during our car rides to and from school, or any other car ride longer than ten minutes. I will get random tid bits about school, friends, etc. Today, he told me that he dislikes "Melissa," because she says, "eh, eh eh" to him and "you can't come in the play house" during recess. Bitch. Wait, is that wrong to say about someone under five? Don't care. This boy is welcome in ANY playhouse, ANYtime, ANYwhere, Melissa! (note: no clue who you are, Melissa and I'm sure you are lovely...I just like my kid better) And what is the "eh, eh, eh" part?


And, the piece de resistance...our first field trip is tomorrow! To say that the boy is excited would be like saying you should think twice about eating that thing in the back of the fridge that has hair on it. Understatement, get it? He gets to ride a bus! A buuuuusss! And, his mommy gets to go with him. The zoo, the bus, his mommy. I'm surprised he's asleep.

No comments: