Monday, March 1, 2010

News Fit for Monday

Bryon's TDY for the first time in months.




Yep. That's my man. What a guy. I'll keep him.


And, not only because before he left last night he sat at the very table that those roses are on and helped me balance the checkbook, something I was responsible for up to a few months ago but was relieved of after countless mistakes of thousands of dollars. Seriously. Still, I sit next to him and go "oooh! and aaaah!" Anyway, he sat there and after he finished said these words, "You know, we have been so amazingly frugal with this preschool thing, I think that next month, we can afford the down payment on (wait for it...wait...wait...wait) your china cabinet, if you want." If I want!


We'll see. I'm debating. Right. No, seriously. I'm debating. I really want to get Collin a nice, nice present for his birthday and that might bump the cabinet into another month. Yep, another sacrifice for the boy. I'm a damn sacrificing Mommy, huh? Anyway, apparently, we cut every darn thing out of our budget, and I didn't realize it. Yeah, in the last three months the frivolous expenditures consisted of one purse that we used an almost expired gift card and a coupon for. So, boy-oh, you were worth it and the china cabinet I thought I'd never see, oh, there you are, in the distance! Hooray!

In the end, I am glad I learned restraint and last night when we were brushing our teeth I told Bryon I learned how to prioritize what I want to buy in the future instead of willy-nilly buying anything we want. In other words, I only want expensive things :)

No comments: