Monday, March 22, 2010

Evidence

Evidence: I love my kid even when he sucks. After a rough day at the zoo, culminating in a dozen or so time outs when we got home, my little man apparently needed reminding that his mommy did, indeed still love him even when he has rough days. He pulled my arms around him at bedtime and insisted that I snuggle him until he fell asleep. As you well know, my boy, despite being one of the huggiest boys in the world, does NOT like to be snuggled to sleep. EVER. He didn't even like it when he was a baby. So, this was a moment for the record books. It was a little rough for Mommy to stay awake after a day like that one. The afternoon was one for the record books for our boy. Sometimes, I think they do things like this just to reset the love clock for us. It worked. Daddy caught us. He called it the coveted "triple spoon."

Evidence: Blue candy is still gross and kids still love it. I will pass, thanks. Gave Collin his first Airhead today because it came in an equally gross lunch that I'd bought for the zoo and decided, ultimately, not to bring it because I couldn't bring myself to eat it. Vegetarian options for lunchables are pretty limited and I was feeling lazy about packing something. The "Cheesy Pizza" variety, as a note for you guys, looks like paper and ketchup. Ewww. He inhaled it. Apparently, if you are three, and will dip your Girl Scout thin mints in BBQ sauce, anything is tasty. Evidence: Kids take pictures of stupid stuff if you let them use the camera. Look! Did you know that Disneyland has....PLANTS!!! We know it now. And we have six pictures to prove it. They all look exactly like this. Exactly. Some might say that the hundreds of pictures I took a day of my infant son are similar in scope to this plant picture. I disagree.

Evidence: No one is good at taking a picture of themselves. Not even Daddy. But, Collin is still cute. I think it has something to do with the fact that he's with his Daddy and that we are at Disneyland again. Man that kid is one lucky dude.

Evidence: The Tiki room is fun, Mommy takes awful pictures in the dark (put some makeup on woman!), and Collin is a mama's boy. Daddy is continuously pointing out how our boy refuses to sit next to him on rides, on the couch, at the table, or anywhere and how I get more hugs, kisses, attention and how it seems I'm the only one who can do anything, like read stories, brush his teeth or give him his bath. I did a scan of the Tiki room and pointed out that every mother in that room had a kid on her lap and kids on either side and poor Daddies were forlorn by being second fiddle. I said, "if you want to be first choice, get a vagina." I'm pretty sure that one of these days, Collin will get stars in his eyes for daddy too. It happens, but for now; I'm relishing being his main squeeze.

No comments: