Wednesday, March 3, 2010

We Did It!

So, Bryon and I forgot that we had, hoarded away in a drawer, gobs and gobs of Amazon money. Yes, gobs! Well, I consider gobs enough to literally pay for this! All those trips to Coinstar have been worth it. Hooray! Maybe Collin is on to something with his love of spare change?
So, the hemming and hawing about whether or not to buy Collin that super nice birthday present that I wanted to buy? Hemmed and hawed no more. It was really me anyway saying, "Please! Please! I wanna! I wanna!" And Bryon saying, "Let's deliberate." He's not scroogey, he's sensible. Thank goodness for that. It keeps us on a sane level and so long as one of us isn't running out with the credit card, the other of us is suddenly remembering that pile of Amazon gift numbers in the desk drawer that we've forgotten about for months that we could finally use for something. Oh yeah! Now we don't have to dent the wallet.

Shhh, don't tell my boy. I'll try to keep the secret for the next 24 days! What a freaking amazing birthday present! I'm so excited! The sad part is that I think he'll be more thrilled for the Star Wars cake I plan to order for him. And, he'll be bummed that he's not getting a party with a bouncy house or going to Chuck's house or something like that. But, dude you are getting a car. Deal.
Now, just to hope that it arrives on a Wednesday...the only day that I'm home and he's not so that he doesn't see the clearly marked and gigantic box, so that I can hide it from him, somehow; maybe in the east wing of our mansion. Jeesh. Where am I going to hide this thing?

2 comments:

Jen R said...

COOL!! My garage has some storage room left...and 2 kids that will be glad to test it out for him, just to make sure that it works and all :-)

Karen Parke said...

Maybe you could have it delivered to a neighbor's house?? I wish I could see Collin's face when he first sees that CAR!! What a great gift.