Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Wonders Never Cease

Never a day goes by where I am not blown away at least once with how much I truly love spending time with my child and with how much I actually just downright adore him; from his little head to his little weird and ugly toes. I am amazed by him and his capacity to amaze me all the time. Awww, right? Today, he had his first dentist appointment and I briefly worried about it, thinking he might be afraid. That worry was brief since I have yet to encounter the thing that can scare this child.
Was he scared? No. Was he slightly "interested" in the whole mask and gloves thing? Maybe. He might, just might, have stolen about a dozen gloves on the way out.


Was he totally thrilled? Yes. When he learned that the chair goes up and down, up and down, up and down and that the lady willingly gives him rides when he shows her that grin, he was even more thrilled.
Was he totally the most adorable and amiable kid that they have probably ever seen? Yes.

Was he the most cooperative kid that they've ever seen? Yes.

He was opening his mouth as wide as possible, smacking his gums and flapping his little lips open every three seconds, like "now? now?" It was almost painful how cute this was. I think it might've had something to do with her saying, "do you know how the crocodile opens his mouth in 'Peter Pan?'" Oh boy, you should've seen his face light up. It was like she knew "the code."

I give a lot of credit to how awesome the dentist's office was. They were great with making him comfortable. He was kind of obsessed with using "Mr. Thirsty" to suck the water out of the cup. It was meant as a demonstrational tool to show him how all the equipment worked but my little man thought it was the point of the whole visit.

I couldn't stop taking pictures. Everything he did was totally cute. Thankfully, they seemed to think he was totally adorable too; either that, or they are used to weird moms with cameras. I choose to take their "thank goodness you brought your camera, ours is broken" comment at face value and pretend that I'm indeed not crazy. I mean who wouldn't take twenty pictures of THIS kid at the dentist? He's a star, right? Of course, they did bring out their camera at the end and take his picture. So, hmmmm. Oh and no cavities to note and his teeth are perfect. Hooray! I think he gets that from his Mommy.

2 comments:

I'm Erin. said...

he's so cute :)

Karen Parke said...

Unbelievable....what a great kid! To be that happy at the dentist...wish I were more like Collin.