Monday, October 26, 2009

What You Don't See

When Mommy has her first grad school paper due this week, all her coherent-sentence-forming energy last week was spent on that. Sorry grandparents! So, there wasn't any Collin updates. I know, I'm a slacker. I did, however churn out a 22 page monster for a 12-15 page assignment. Oops. It has been trimmed...to 17 pages. It's the best I could do! I'll let you know how I cope with the fallout when I get my grade because I'm pretty sure it will be the first time ever that I don't get an A and I'm already bracing myself for the meltdown. I know, poor Rachel. Sniff, sniff.

Anyway, Collin had his first lunch at preschool last week. He's loving school, I'm loving his being at school and I decided I was being weird by not letting him do it in the first place. He was the only kid getting picked up early. He's still the only kid getting picked up for nap time. But, I'm standing firm on that because it still seems weird. Anyway, he LOOOOOVES it. I did, however, refuse to let him pick out his own lunchbox because he insisted, flat out, that he wanted, wait for it, the princess one! His reasoning? "Because those ladies are beautiful." Supportive of my son's choices? Yes. Supportive of my son getting pushed around? No.


Also this week, Pumpkins. We had grand plans of going to Irvine for the pumpkin patch with the choo-choo and the coolness that is the Irvine pumpkin patch. Uhhhh, ORI (Operational Readiness Inspection for everyone who doesn't know what that means...it means Bryon's worked until AT LEAST eight all week and he went in on Saturday most of the day too). We are exhausted! And, I took the kid to Disneyland on Saturday, half the day by myself, so we decided the little pumpkin patch by the house would suffice.

Collin wasn't too disappointed. Bryon's sleeping in this picture. You just can't tell. He's so tired, he's perfected the art of sleeping sitting up and looking completely awake. We actually ran into some Colonel at the pumpkin patch too. Work is EVERYWHERE!


Maybe it's because we didn't tell him what he was missing. Look, Mom! Pumpkins in a shanty! This is great! Shhh! Don't tell him we could've ridden a train!


Maybe it's because we let him pull the wagon and didn't tell him that we were emptying the wagon of the pumpkins he kept adding. If we bought EVERY pumpkin he put in there, I'd currently be selling my body to pay for them all.


Oh, and did I mention Disneyland? For the second time in a row, we ran into people we know! Bryon's Uncle Bruce and Aunt Nancy and their kids and grand kids. It was fun! Collin has decided that even more people think he's fantastic and he had a blast. So, what don't you see, a la post title? That Bryon took the camera home (aka to the office) with him when he left us at Disneyland midday so we didn't get a picture of the sacred event of Collin's first face painting. It was hilarious! Collin as a blue-faced Dragon! Priceless. I have it on my phone but it's just not the same, is it?

1 comment:

Karen Parke said...

so happy that Collin loves school and eating lunch with his new friends. Looks like he picked out a great pumpkin. Now....if only Bryon could get some much needed sleep.