Thursday, October 15, 2009

It Begins....

The crowding of the refrigerator, otherwise known as "Mommy can't throw anything away...ever," has begun. Grandparents, get ready; I'm sure that eventually, I'll amass enough of these treasures that I'll start sending a few your way. Don't get too excited, I said eventually; say, ten or twelve years.

Collin brought home his first two projects from preschool. Sure, Mr. Pumpkin looks a little Pablo Picasso-esque. Sure, he can only identify black in his marble painting of two colors (the other color is purple folks, PURPLE!); but, I think those two works of art are the greatest things I've ever seen.

He was pretty sure they were spiffy today too. He was darn excited to put them on the fridge after their glory days on the preschool wall were over this week. You'll note their placement height; not my doing, clearly. If the fridge could puff out it's chest, I think it would.

Still, the cat is less than impressed with our little man. To Homer, Collin will always be that freaky, weird kid who can't quite get the hang of chairs.

2 comments:

I'm Erin. said...

Oh Rachel,
I know it goes against every bone in your body, but you're going to have to start throwing some of those things away. They bring home more and more and more. I've started taking pictures of them, then tossing them. It's a space saver!

Karen Parke said...

that last picture was "priceless"