Friday, October 9, 2009

I "See" that Halloween Approaches!

Collin has a thing for the library. Blame his literature-loving Mommy. Who knows? Whatever the cause, he can't get enough of reading. He'd do it all day, if I let him. And now that he knows he can go to this big building that has tons of books, every week, and get new stories, he's hooked. This weeks' favorite story is "Glasses: who needs 'em." In it, the little narrator, needs, you guessed it, glasses. So, Collin was pretty excited when we ran out of paper towels this morning and he got glasses of his own. Props to Mommy for being Johnny on the spot creativity-wise and tying it together with the story, eh? He's been dancing around all morning with them. Yes, I'm patting myself on the back there.

All the better to see Halloween coming! Tee hee. We bought our first pumpkin this week. We couldn't resist. They were only 59 cents at Von's.

The kiddo thought that smiley face stickers and star stickers were the best way to go, decoration-wise to complete the package.

Who's to argue with that? No markers? Sure.

Besides, there's no carving a beauty of this itsy-bitsy size. We had a blast with it. When I suggested giving it to Daddy to take to work and put on his desk however, it was as if I suggested we let Daddy have a bit of his own soul. What a thought! Pish-tosh Mommy! No. It's proudly being displayed by our Christmas/Halloween Jack Skellington, who by the way, is the star of "The Nightmare Before Christmas (hence Christmas/Halloween!).

So, that's all the happenings around here of late. Thrilling, right? Collin is STILL coughing from last week; so, it's officially time to take him to the doctor since now he's got the added hooray of coughing till he barfs on me. Yeah, that's fun. We all know how much I love barf. Today, I held him out two feet in front of me to barf in the street so he wouldn't get it on me. Is that wrong? It's totally weird because the kid is absolutely not sick. He feels fine, acts fine, but goes into coughing fits like he's got emphysema and then barfs. Gross. Love military health care though; we get in NEXT WEDNESDAY! Sweeeeet. If I sent them this picture of him where he "looks" like he's dying, would they get me in sooner?

No comments: