Wednesday, June 17, 2009

To Hell in a Handbasket

So, I'm certain that cookies for breakfast is not a good idea. I know that cookies are nowhere on the food pyramid and are not part of a balanced breakfast; but the little guy does ask for them all the time and what can I say? I'm a sucker for his cuteness. No, I don't give in all the time. Okay, never. Never, do I give in! Just this one time! I swear!

But, clearly it was the beginning of evil tidings for the next few days. He got it in his head that once he had a cookie for breakfast, it was then a good idea to strangle Mommy with her sweat towel from the treadmill. I ask you, if you are going to be killed by any implement in the house, should it be with your own sweat? I guess if the murderer is so cute, it's not so bad.

Then, he decided an all out coup of parental units, replacing us with the grandparents, that is. He figured that Granny and Granddad were more fun and would prefer them to boring, stuffy, rule-making Mommy and Daddy; all this of course, resulting from my giving him an inch with that whole cookie for breakfast thing. Never again! Kidding, of course. Granny and Granddad make him follow the same rules. They are just better at disguising the rules as fun than we are.

I learned my lesson. No more cookies for breakfast little man...unless of course you are cute and sweet and say wonderful things to me; like today. I spent the last two and a half days with a terrible migraine in bed. I asked him this morning how it makes him feel when I'm sick, fearing that it scared him and I was ready with a reassuring speech. He said, "No like when Mama sick! Give Collin boo boo in heart!" Awww, that's it! Cookies for breakfast every day!

1 comment:

Karen Parke said...

I don't think a cookie for breakfast will do any permanent harm! I am so happy that you are feeling better.