Friday, June 12, 2009

Parlez-Vous Collin?

So, Collin has decided we can move to Paris. At least, that's what I've deduced from his enjoyment of our lunch yesterday. We went to Santa Monica and they have a Crepe Cafe. (P.S. you'll note that I've not bothered to figure out where the appropriate accent marks are for the duration of this post; so, sorry to the French but I shall butcher the correct spellings!).


The initial plan was hot dogs on the pier. When I saw Cafe Crepe with a little Eiffel Tower in the window, I actually squealed and since Bryon cannot deny me anything, we ate there instead. Can you tell that I'm super happy to be there?
Yummy! Yummy! Yummy! Brie, Prosciutto and Egg. I want to live there; France that is, not the cafe. Seriously. And Collin decided that his Parisian version of a hot dog was A-Okay. He was even delighted with the Swiss Emmental cheese and Bechamel Sauce. My little gourmand.

He was also not to unhappy with the bonus crepe we ordered to share since it was sugar and cinnamon filled and just delicious. Who wouldn't be happy with that? I think I'll have no trouble convincing him to be my little Euro-travel partner.

He then passed a delightful day learning to play skee-ball for the first time. Folks, did you know, that skee-ball is NOT an overhand game?

Yeah, I was pretty sure I knew that before we played too; but, a refresher is always good.
With Collin handicapping our score, we won two army men with our amassed five tickets; not that Daddy's skee-ball skills helped any (read: Daddy sucks at skee-ball)

He also got to ride the ferris wheel overlooking the ocean. He was pretty sure it went "up high" but he was pretty impressed with how "up high" it went. He kept saying it, over and over and over again. It was a bit much since we were maybe, one of three people on there and we got to spend a long time waiting to unload.
And, he got to, of course, ride the carousel. What would a trip to the pier be without a ride on the carousel? Looks petrified in the photos doesn't he? I assure you, he wasn't. He alternated between pure awe and squeals of glee. Unfortunately, we only clicked the shutter on shots of awe. No glee.

Nope, we didn't make him ride a chariot

1 comment:

Karen Parke said...

Looks like you and your family had a super fun day.