Tuesday, June 30, 2009

OCD Anyone?

So, I'm watching Collin quickly become as crazy as I was as a toddler. I have been heralded with stories of how I obsessively wanted seven, only seven, not six, not eight mini-marshmallows before bed every night and lord help anyone who tried to put me to bed without them. I've been told that I had litanies of "special" phrases that had to be repeated in order or I wouldn't go to sleep.


Well, my boy is starting to go crazy if he can't line his cars up in perfect rows or stack his blocks just so. And, he's making crazy unreasonable demands on mommy lately. Today, he wants bananas cut in strips, tomorrow he wants it whole. Three days in a row, he wants his bed "closed" to sleep, then for a week, it has to be turned down or the world falls apart. I think he's becoming a nutcase.


Today, for nearly an hour, he built this little pillow fort out on the couch and neatly piled all of his cars into it. It may "seem" like a mess, but it wasn't. Each car was meticulously placed, and if any one fell to the side or moved in any way that wasn't in his master plan, those little feet stomped and he yelled like crazy. I'm pretty sure he's nuts.

2 comments:

Karen Parke said...

Collin is not NUTS! He is exactly like his mother. And, know this, you are helpless to make any changes to things he gets stuck in his head...just go with the flow.

I'm Erin. said...

I think there's a little OCD in all of us!