Monday, June 8, 2009

Hooray! Computer Nirvana!

So, my laptop, the other center of my universe, took a dive this week. A serious dive. A dive to the deep end. An unrecoverable dive. You might blame it on a few dives off the kitchen table, a few dives off the arm of the couch, a few dives off the bathroom counter (don't ask what it was doing in there); all caused by the actual center of my universe (yes, of course, Collin). The problem was deemed to be complete hard drive failure. We had to buy a new one. Bryon decided that since I use it so much, he'd buy me an extra present too: one of those mini computers for just the Internet and word processing functions for all my writing. Awesome. Anyway, despite wishing all technology complete death as of last week, I'm in computer nirvana this week.


Collin has taken all of this in stride. Perhaps because I went to a garage sale over the weekend and discovered a joyous thing: a jumbo version of his $1 stocking stuffer that he's been dragging all over the house for the past solid month. It also cost me $1 and has brought him much joy. What is with this kid and erasable magnetic drawing boards? Just wait until he discovers the Etch-a-Sketch! All bets are off, boy! I love that he can't put one down to play with the other.
And, he got garbage manny back! Mommy took him away last week when he peed his pants on purpose. It was the first, and only (hopefully) time he'd ever done it. Grrr, I was so mad. Anyway, I forgot I took it away! So, did Collin, I think. So, when he got it back, the reunion was sweet, to say the least. Have you ever seen a kid hug a plastic truck? If only he loved me that way. If only. Maybe I need to put myself up on top of the hutch for a week and see what happens.
And, to say Collin was pleased to see Daddy come back from Canada would be an understatement. He was a bit disappointed that his Canadian souvenir was a hockey jersey; but that may be because he doesn't know that hockey is good, violent, boy fun! He'll figure it out soon enough. Isn't it in their DNA? He looks cute anyway though, right? But, weird Canadians, apparently, this is a size 2-4!! What?!

1 comment:

Karen Parke said...

Looks like Collin got a haircut...he is such a little man now. Funny how they pick their favorite toys....great that you found the big table for only a dollar. I love garage sales.