Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Nail, Coffin, Done.

See this:



Yeah, sorry. It's not a good picture. In case you can't tell, it's our (Collin's and my) official tickets to the Anaheim Comic Con.

Collin, you are done-for. Why? I'm sure you'll have fun there, that's why. Gotta start 'em young, right? What's not to enjoy about TONS of costumes NOT on Halloween? You are going to meet THE Darth Maul. Yep, he'll be there. Bryon didn't understand why in the world I'd want to go, or take Collin to something like this. Because it's fun, dummy. At the very least, it's fun to look at grown-ups, acting like children. No, I didn't call him a dummy.

The only saving grace to your mother not being a full-fledged nerd just yet is that she failed to get you (us) into the best Comic Con (aka San Diego). Why? Because I didn't realize that it takes under an hour to sell out all four days every year. Apparently, you have to stalk their website for the on-sale time and then furiously hit refresh when they go on sale and purchase your ticket. They went on sale in November and apparently so many geeky people went on-line, from all over the world, to buy tickets that they crashed the Comic Con server not once, not twice, but three times, causing nerd freak-outs heard round-the-globe. "AAAH! I won't be able to wear my new Stormtrooper boots!! Whatever will I do!"

I checked a few brokers, no one had any passes. I checked a few people willing to scalp their passes, just out of curiosity. I mean how much could a convention pass be, anyway? Well, apparently upwards of $400 for the one day pass. Because Collin is under 10, he's free with my pass.

I think we'll settle for the Anaheim Comic Con and take baby steps to permanent geekdom, thank you very much. And no, I'm not dressing up. But Collin sure is.

Jen watched him today and she told me that he talked her ear off about Beowulf. I'm destroying my child. At lunch, we had a talk about what's appropriate to talk to others about right now, things like violent movies that mommy shouldn't have let him watch, and what isn't; and he told me that he likes the stories. Poor Daddy is losing his boy to the other spectrum of geek. I'm sure this will all be a (fond) distant memory when Collin discovers math. For now, I'll hold onto it and take my little boy to Comic Con and take as many pictures as possible for ransom in his teen years. He'll already think I'm lame, what's one more reason?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Comic Con sounds like a fun day for the two of you. Take lots of pictrues....I would think that Bryan would love stuff like that !