Friday, March 25, 2011

Any Guesses?

I spent about an hour searching for a costume for Collin today. It's sort of a surprise for him because I know how geeked he'll be to wear it and I know if he sees it, he'll literally freak out, go crazy and think I'm the greatest mom on the planet.

Once again, I discovered that my child is into things that no one else seems to be. On Halloween this year, he decided that he wanted to be Jack Skellington, and unable to tell my boy no, I shelled out almost $100 for that costume, including shipping because no other kid wants to be Jack, so they stopped making that costume ten years ago.

The costume I know he'd want to wear to Comic Con is much akin to that kind of search. I suppose he could wear Jack, or, ahem, nothing, but I want to be cool. Wait, that would mean we have to stay home. I guess I want him to be excited about it, that's it. I also want him to have fun and feel like he's part of the action. I'm sure he'll be super-cute.

So, I started my search. Of course, I came back empty. Literally. Not even some exorbitantly priced leftover costume that I could convince myself was "worth it." So, I have to cobble together a costume that can be made fun of by the "true" geeks.

I think I did a good job, and a cheap one at that in my hour-plus that I spent on this today. These are the pieces. Any guesses on who my boy is obsessed with lately?


Add strangely short-short black shorts and a green belt and for modesty's sake, a white t-shirt. 

Why do I think he's going to want to wear these boots all the time? You know, as a fashion statement? 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Is it superman...?? I am a little lost