Friday, November 13, 2009

Whole Lotta Update

Forgive me for not updating. I died. See. Worst picture of mommy ever (well, not as bad as the others I didn't show you). Collin couldn't resist snuggling up to me and despite the fact that I knew that was sealing my fate in that I would thus have to care for a sick kid in a few days, I couldn't resist allowing it. No, seriously of course I didn't die. However, briefly I thought I might prefer that state to whatever happened to me. I don't think it was the flu because it only lasted a few days, and truthfully the worst of it was only a day. But this was the worst cold EVER. EVER, people. EVER! I have quickly redistributed the germs to the rest of the family though and Daddy recently also died and because of his snuggles, Collin's showing signs of impending death. Not to fear, revival seems to happen within three days. Just like what's his face. Amazing, since we are such heathens around here.

Not to be satisfied with mere death-by-cold-germs, Collin is chasing the ol' death-by-suffocation. We have been getting Christmas presents delivered by the truckload around here (shoot me, I started shopping "early" while trapped on the couch). Collin "helped" me unpack some of them this morning. He learned all about how some packing peanuts are edible and degrade in water. Fascinating. Do you think that he'll be able to distinguish these from other non-edible ones without Mommy's help or do you think we'll be at the E.R. on day in our future?



He also "learned" about the copy shop this week and that sometimes Mommy has ideas that she sticks to despite them not being cost effective. She saw one of his little friends with a homemade sticker book with laminated pages of construction paper and thought it was a great idea. It is. Collin loves stickers and the laminated pages would make them reusable. Store bought sticker books are gay because they are covered in unicorns and rainbows. Collin is a boy. Enough said. Guess how much it costs to laminate a book of construction paper. $113! Is this face worth it? How about if I tell you that while I'm taking this picture, he's breaking rules. He is not allowed to play with doors. Simple rule in our house because some of our doors have locks (with no keys) and we have animals that can get "trapped" in rooms that he decides to randomly close them in. He is pretty obsessed with breaking this ONE rule. Not all the time, just when it's annoying. Gotta love it.

No comments: