Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Collin's Punishment

Collin loves school. No, I mean he really looooves it. He loves it so much that I think he's beginning to love it a little more than he loves his parents. This issue may need to be addressed.
Last night, Bryon took him to Fort Mac to check out the conference facility for the commanders' conference next week. He was certain the doors would be unlocked and unarmed because he called our very competent security guards and was assured that they would be. Um, yeah. When he returned home, disgruntled, he was even more frustrated by the fact that Collin repeatedly said the following:

"Miss Fujardo could've gotten in. She can open ANY door." (A story Miss Fujardo found amusing this morning, of course)

So, Mr. Collin, here's your punishment.

You will one day not so much like that mommy has gads of pictures of you in the tub. This one is from two nights ago. Bask in the glory of your nakedness, my boy. BASK! (P.S. yes, that's bathtub paint back there, we are pretty fun, aren't we? Oh, and by "paint," of course I mean squirt it like ketchup and then ask for more) And Daddy, don't ever say that I'm not on your side.


In other news, we saw a lizard on our house. Cool, huh? Ignore the fact that Mommy looks like she needs to be hospitalized. We'd just gotten back from a training run for the half-marathon that I convinced Bryon to do with me. Collin was tired to. It takes a lot of energy to milk a sucker for an hour. Later, he told me, it was "yucky." Apparently yellow is not his favorite flavor. It will be the flavor I give him from now on when I want it to last longer than three seconds. Good to know.
Collin, meanwhile is still training for his first broken leg.
He's planning on using this tree here. It's hard to tell but it drops off sharply to a steep embankment of soft sand and then the abandoned weapons bunkers. He's figuring that's a good place for his first broken bone. I think so too. Still, he's got good balance. Maybe not. I stopped doing that suck-breath thing that parents do when their kids almost fall, long ago because this kid has suction cups in his fingers, so who knows?

1 comment:

Karen Parke said...

I sure hope you are wrong about "broken bones"....he looks like a good climber to me.