Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Crazy Collin

As some of you know, I went sky diving over the weekend. It was pretty awesome. I survived because my tandem instructor pulled the parachute after I managed to forget. Thanks Stu. Love ya, man. Anyway, Daddy was in charge of Collin so he figured why not let him be his own daredevil. Yep, that's my child with a bag on his head, walking directly into the kitchen table. I came home from falling 2,000 feet from the sky with nary a scratch on my body and my son was injured from a walk across the room. Nice one. Okay, it was only a tiny scratch, but still, the point stands. And, after seeing my video, which no one shall ever see because I look just that ugly, Collin has decided he wants to do it too. Maybe his bravery and induction into all things tomfoolery is influenced by his new favorite reading material: Calvin and Hobbes.

Homer, true to his nature, takes all Collin craziness in stride. I had to put this picture up for two reasons: one, I love my cat and he looks awfully cute sitting there; two, it precedes the picture to follow.
Nothing says "I love you" like a be-bucket-headed child "hugging" a cat. Homer looks pleased, no? Yeah, he wasn't. He departed his oh-so-comfortable perch on the beanbag chair mere seconds after this was taken. Trying to teach a loving child that cats don't like hugs as much as people do is a tough lesson.
Needless to say, bucket-hat lasted almost all night...even though bathroom visits. Not sure if he was proud of the poo or just happy to be there. We can discuss why I had the camera in the bathroom at a later time. Let's just focus on the lack of unmentionables visible in this photo and the cuteness of his smile.

2 comments:

I'm Erin. said...

You're a brave woman!
I did the AF Academy's free fall program in my former life, but I think I lost all of my courage sometime 4 years ago, along with my bladder control. It's a mommy thing I guess.

Anyway, you go girl! And I'm glad you were tandem ;)

Karen Parke said...

Collin seems to have a problem with putting plastic over his face!