Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Busy, Busy and FUN Weekend!

'Tis the season right? That means 'tis the season for visits from what I shall call "make Mama chopped liver makers," otherwise known as grandparents. Collin loves when his grandparents come to see him because, heck, they are lots of fun. They allow him to do things like, perform imaginary surgery that involves balloon i.v. insertion. Weird. You might say that Collin has developed his imagination. This was his actual description of what he was doing. Not mine.

Grandparents also (well Gramps anyway) insist on train museums. Yes, train museums. Mommy was enthralled, entranced and thrilled.

Can you sense the sarcasm? Kidding. It was fun. Collin loved it. I'm not sure if you can tell. He's good at hiding his enthusiasm.
Grandparents also do things that we do not encourage, like teach him improper chair egress procedures. Hey, whatever. He didn't die and he hasn't tried it since.
We went to the beach and saw a dead seal washed ashore. Collin and I thought it was pretty cool. It is, isn't it? Oh, quit complaining, you can't even see it. Let alone smell it. I decided not to put up the cool pictures that included it, despite the prettiness of the background. You're welcome.

Gramps found the only cool shell worth taking home. Maybe it's because we were lounging and just basking in the view.
To be fair, Collin didn't "bask." He played. He thought most of the pebbles needed to be washed int he tiny puddles that were created in the larger rocks by the waves splashing atop them. It's a big job to wash ALL the pebbles on the beach. He was pretty busy.

Can it get more beautiful here? I'm pretty sure it can't. I think that they made this place just for Collin because he looks pretty awesome here, doesn't he? Cutest kid on the planet combined with the crashing waves. They just suit one another. I'm not biased or anything. Not at all. And, I'm not planning on moving. Ever. The people that they plan to give my house to when we get orders had better learn to like us because I'm not leaving.

Okay, so train museum, surgery, and beach. What next? Why not go to the zoo? Okay. Sounds like fun. We're like energizer bunnies. We can handle it. It was super fun. Collin saw a mandril and heard it make a crazy loud sound and he's not stopped talking about it since.

Alas, all this activity during Gramps' and Nana's visit wasn't enough for Bryon and I. We decided that after they left on Sunday morning, we'd take him to Disneyland for the afternoon. Yeah, we're nuts. But, it's Christmastime there now and I love the haunted mansion all decked out for Nightmare Before Christmas with Jack Skellington. Hmmm, I wonder where my kid gets his love for Jack. Anyway, have you ever seen a kid fall asleep on the way TO Disneyland?

Disneyland was PACKED! On a Sunday afternoon, we weren't really expecting that. Well, I guess it gets busier and busier the closer to the holidays you get. It was fun anyway. That's the beauty of the season pass. It's not disappointing to only do a few things and go home. I managed to sneak in a little holiday shopping for the little man, buying him a few treasures from Jack Skellington's little shop. That kid is crazy about that dude. I love having the kid who claps and screams, "I love Jack!" when we're in the mansion when there's always at least one kid who screams in terror next to us. Disneyland rocks. Even being in line is fun with our crazy kid, who now officially thinks Daddy is a weirdo. It was only a matter of time, of course. I wanted Daddy to take a picture of my boy and I in front of "Jack's" house this time. Can you tell how much Collin cooperated? Collin thought his lack of cooperation was hysterical. Anyway, that's our busy weekend. We're all ready to take a nap now, I think. Wait, no time! Time to prepare for Thanksgiving! Granny gets here this afternoon! We can't wait!

2 comments:

Karen Parke said...

Collin is such a lucky little boy....what a great few days with the grandparents.

I'm Erin. said...

Wow! You guys are busy! Have a great Thanksgiving!