Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Slimy Green Beans

Collin discovered something today. Green beans are slimy. I like to think this was discovered in some new, interesting and educational way. Nope. It was discovered in the traditional, "nope, I'm not eating this," way.

He figured that rather than eating anything green that, "what's this! there's little BALLS in here!!!" he'd just dissect it and then reassemble it. Over and over and over again.


What can I say, he's weird; and the son of an engineer. You've got to figure out how all this stuff works, right mama?


Wait no, he's just weird. I mean look at this. Same meal, and just weird. Right?


The boys had some alone time this weekend too. Can you tell they had fun? They brewed some beer and had Shepard's pie and rocked it man-style. Bryon figures he has to wait for a meal that I won't be around to eat to make gross food; or, what I consider to be gross food. Yes, ground beef with mashed potatoes on top is considered gross in my book. Blech.


Mommy was all too happy to get her baby back. By baby, I of course, don't mean Bryon; I mean my lil' man who I cannot live without. Look at him!



Today, we were singing a duet of "Puff the Magic Dragon," me accompanied by some banging mini xylophone playing by Mr. Collin when he suddenly stopped and demanded that I do the same so he could say, abruptly, "Wait! Wait! Stop!," pause and then add, "Mama! Mama! I love you!"

I'm pretty sure he's buttering me up for something. Oh well, I don't care. I'll take the lovin' while I can get it. He'll be fifteen before I know it.

1 comment:

Karen Parke said...

Thank You Thank You Thank You....I can't wait to get to work in the morning so I can check your blog and see what you and Collin are up to. The pictrues are so very important to me....they make my day.