Saturday, August 8, 2009

Not Sailing with Gramps

For a week now, a solid week, I've been telling Collin that Gramps is coming and when he does, he and Daddy are taking him sailing. He's been super excited about the prospect; thrilled you might say. He even got it in his head that he was going to catch fish. Somehow, the profuse amounts of vomiting that Bryon was doing put a wrench in those plans. This meant that Collin somehow had to make due with other activities.
Activities like good old fashioned, smushie, gushie, soft, chunky, chocolate chip cookies.

Blowing bubbles outside and wearing Gramps' hat like a darn fool.


And, of course, knowing that you look like a fool.

Making sure that the living room is safe from fires by driving his fire engine all over the darn place and ringing the bell lots and lots and greatly disturbing sleeping Daddy. And no, Grandpa, he still doesn't know how to use the pedals.

Using the ladders from said fire truck in wildly inappropriate ways to "climb" on the couches, coffee tables, chairs counters, any other surface higher than himself. He even tried to put them in midair and was confused as to why they didn't just hang there for him to climb to space. Huh? I'm not sure why that didn't work, Collin. Ask your father when he feels better.

Standing in a shack-type structure at the Fort Mac Museum. Oh, Daddy felt better by then and I didn't go with them. I don't go there. I would rather gouge my eyes out. B-O-R-I-N-G. I was busy shopping at The Grove and Farmer's Market. Mommy spent some money :) Giant J. Crew and even more giant Banana Republic with a big sale and Mommy was traumatized by vomit!

But, it looks fun for Collin right? I mean look, he got to see a jeep! And men like to look under cars, huh? And then, stand in more shacks. Apparently, this museum has Jeeps and shacks. I don't think I'm missing much, am I? But, they do have a nice view, eh? And a good spot for that long, running embrace hug that you see in the movies. But, the sweet close up snuggle is cute too.

Anyway, that's what Collin did this weekend when he was NOT sailing with Gramps and Daddy.

1 comment:

Karen Parke said...

Sorry to hear the weekend didn't turn out to including "sailing". Hope that Bryon feels much better today. The pictrues were great! Looks like gramps and Collin still had a great time together.