Monday, November 1, 2010

Gluttony: McClain Style

I'm ashamed to say I taught my son a terrible lesson last night. He wanted to help pass out the candy when we got back last night. Before I let him begin, I sorted through the bowl and pulled out all the Nerds. He looked at me with a look of astonishment and said, "but that's for the children!" as I set the tiny boxes on the counter.

I replied "but this is the good candy. We'll keep it for us."

The look on his face was sheer and total panic, followed by a lightbulb, as if the idea of hoarding had never occurred to him.

I spent the next thirty minutes trying to rationalize with him that we should always share and how sometimes it's okay to keep something for ourselves but it all came out like crap, because let's be honest, it was.

And that my friends is good parenting.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are only HUMAN......I would have pulled out all the peanut butter cups!