Thursday, November 4, 2010

Procrastination - Thy Name is Rachel

I have a midterm today.

I have a "prospectus" due today.

Did you know that if you ad "us" to the end of a word it not only sounds fancy, it is apparently "Latin" and thus academic, smart sounding and pompous. It is also no less due than it was five minutes ago.

My prospectus is supposed to be what I want to write my seminar paper about. I don't know what to write my seminar paper about because I hate my seminar. Can I write 15-20 pages about how much I've learned that I hate Romantic Literature? Is that allowed? I'm pretty sure that it's allowed but not encouraged since my professor pretty much lives and breathes it.

My midterm however is decidedly more interesting (at least to me and the other six people who like medieval literature). Well, except for the few questions that are going to be about pronoun declension. If I even started to explain it at all, you would literally die of boredom. I did not know you could/should or would want to decline pronouns. Apparently it's an antiquated system that we have done away with. For that, I say no thank you, I decline the idea of declining pronouns. Ha, get it? What? A joke about grammar isn't funny? I thought it was. Am I the only one who gets it?

Am I studying too much? Perhaps.

Am I putting off the last few minutes of studying at this very moment. Absolutely.

Is it too stinking hot to do anything related to thinking. Absolutely.

And why, why, why is it so blazing hot in the first week of November? It is literally a thousand degrees. And why, when it it is a thousand degrees does my child insist on sleeping with the comforter on? Kids are weird.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

sounds like you are wasting your homework time here.......get busy Rachel! Mom is watching you.